- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
Four Faculty Members Recommended for Tenure
November 26, 2013
CATEGORY: College News
St. Paul, Minn. - Pending Board of Trustees approval, Macalester has recommended tenure status for four faculty members: Cynthia Kauffeld - Hispanic Studies; Scott Legge – Anthropology; Shilad Sen - Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science; and Xin Yang - Asian Languages.
Kauffeld, who studies historical Spanish linguistics, particularly early Andalusian Spanish and American Spanish of the colonial period, received her PhD, MA and BA from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Legge, a biological anthropologist with research interests in human and non-human primate skeletal biology as well as areas of growth and development in both skeletal and living populations, received his PhD from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, his MA from Southern Illinois University and his BA from Purdue.
Sen, who studies member-maintained websites that empower Internet users to contribute information we find valuable, such as photographs on Flickr and articles on Wikipedia, received his PhD from the University of Minnesota, and his BA and BM from Northwestern University.
Yang, whose research interests are modern and contemporary Chinese literature, culture and film, with a focus on the issues of gender, sexuality and technology, received her PhD and MA from the University of Oregon, and her BA from Beijing Foreign Studies University.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,011 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism and civic engagement. For more information, visit macalester.edu.