- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Many of Macalester’s 108 current Davis UWC Scholars attended the annual fall dinner in October, an event to welcome the group’s new first-year students.
For the first time in several years, Shelby and Gale Davis, the program’s benefactors, were able to join the students for the event. Before meeting current Davis UWC Scholars and local program alumni in Kagin Commons, they toured the Institute for Global Citizenship’s Kathryn Davis Court, named after Shelby’s mother, and walked to Kagin through a corridor lined with student photos from Davis Projects for Peace, a program established by Kathryn W. Davis.
Lorela Paco ‘15 and Petar Petrović ’14 spoke on behalf of the students, and the program concluded with the Peace Prayer led by Jose Caballero Ciciolli ’15, Trang Tran ’14, Omar Mansour ’16, and Akilah Sykes ’14.