- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
Many of Macalester’s 108 current Davis UWC Scholars attended the annual fall dinner in October, an event to welcome the group’s new first-year students.
For the first time in several years, Shelby and Gale Davis, the program’s benefactors, were able to join the students for the event. Before meeting current Davis UWC Scholars and local program alumni in Kagin Commons, they toured the Institute for Global Citizenship’s Kathryn Davis Court, named after Shelby’s mother, and walked to Kagin through a corridor lined with student photos from Davis Projects for Peace, a program established by Kathryn W. Davis.
Lorela Paco ‘15 and Petar Petrović ’14 spoke on behalf of the students, and the program concluded with the Peace Prayer led by Jose Caballero Ciciolli ’15, Trang Tran ’14, Omar Mansour ’16, and Akilah Sykes ’14.