- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
Many of Macalester’s 108 current Davis UWC Scholars attended the annual fall dinner in October, an event to welcome the group’s new first-year students.
For the first time in several years, Shelby and Gale Davis, the program’s benefactors, were able to join the students for the event. Before meeting current Davis UWC Scholars and local program alumni in Kagin Commons, they toured the Institute for Global Citizenship’s Kathryn Davis Court, named after Shelby’s mother, and walked to Kagin through a corridor lined with student photos from Davis Projects for Peace, a program established by Kathryn W. Davis.
Lorela Paco ‘15 and Petar Petrović ’14 spoke on behalf of the students, and the program concluded with the Peace Prayer led by Jose Caballero Ciciolli ’15, Trang Tran ’14, Omar Mansour ’16, and Akilah Sykes ’14.