- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
Many of Macalester’s 108 current Davis UWC Scholars attended the annual fall dinner in October, an event to welcome the group’s new first-year students.
For the first time in several years, Shelby and Gale Davis, the program’s benefactors, were able to join the students for the event. Before meeting current Davis UWC Scholars and local program alumni in Kagin Commons, they toured the Institute for Global Citizenship’s Kathryn Davis Court, named after Shelby’s mother, and walked to Kagin through a corridor lined with student photos from Davis Projects for Peace, a program established by Kathryn W. Davis.
Lorela Paco ‘15 and Petar Petrović ’14 spoke on behalf of the students, and the program concluded with the Peace Prayer led by Jose Caballero Ciciolli ’15, Trang Tran ’14, Omar Mansour ’16, and Akilah Sykes ’14.