- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 Asian Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 MacJazz Concert
Governor Dayton Appoints Mac Professor to Council on MLK Jr. Holiday
December 10, 2013
CATEGORY: College News
St. Paul, Minn. - Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton announced the appointment of Macalester Professor Duchess Harris to the Governor’s Council on the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. Harris’ term is effective immediately and will extend through March 1, 2014. She replaces Cheryl Chatman.
“I look forward to serving Governor Dayton in my areas of expertise - civil rights history and law,” said Harris. She was a member of the Council of Black Minnesotans under Governor Jesse Ventura.
In 1998, Harris joined the faculty at Macalester College. She became the first chair of the American Studies Department in 2003 and was promoted to the rank of full professor last May. In 2011, she earned a Juris Doctorate from William Mitchell College of Law.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,011 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu.