- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
Minnesota State Arts Board Awards Grant to Art and Art History Professor for 2014
January 16, 2014
St. Paul, Minn. – The Minnesota State Arts Board has awarded a grant to Art and Art History Professor Chris Willcox for 2014.
The Minnesota State Arts Board provides financial support to artists and organizations throughout the state to ensure that all Minnesotans have the opportunity to participate in the arts.
Project grants are for artists at all stages of their careers, to support artistic development, nurture artistic creativity, and recognize the contributions individual artists make to the creative environment of the state of Minnesota.
Willcox, of Minneapolis, received $10,000 in the visual arts category. She will create and exhibit a series of paintings set on the site of historic Fort Snelling in Saint Paul. An exhibition and artist talk are planned for the Twin Cities.
The Minnesota State Arts Board is a state agency that stimulates and encourages the creation, performance, and appreciation of the arts in the state. The Minnesota State Legislature, the National Endowment for the Arts and private donors provide funding for Arts Board programs.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,011 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu