- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
Through our alumni travel program, Randall T. Cox '73, Steven C. Euller '71, Martin L. Gunderson '68 and Ellen Myers Gunderson '68, Professor Rebecca Cowan Hoye, Amelia E. Nielsen '08, Susan Hartley and Denis Ostroot, and Stephen Tyndel '13 joined Professor Arjun Guneratne to bird Sri Lanka in January. The group spent 12 days in one of the world's most remarkable biodiversity hotspots, birding this compact West Virgina-size island where 492 species of birds have been recorded.
Photos by Amelia E. Nielsen '08.