- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Through our alumni travel program, Randall T. Cox '73, Steven C. Euller '71, Martin L. Gunderson '68 and Ellen Myers Gunderson '68, Professor Rebecca Cowan Hoye, Amelia E. Nielsen '08, Susan Hartley and Denis Ostroot, and Stephen Tyndel '13 joined Professor Arjun Guneratne to bird Sri Lanka in January. The group spent 12 days in one of the world's most remarkable biodiversity hotspots, birding this compact West Virgina-size island where 492 species of birds have been recorded.
Photos by Amelia E. Nielsen '08.