- Jan 27 Matt Burgess's Book Launch
- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Through our alumni travel program, Randall T. Cox '73, Steven C. Euller '71, Martin L. Gunderson '68 and Ellen Myers Gunderson '68, Professor Rebecca Cowan Hoye, Amelia E. Nielsen '08, Susan Hartley and Denis Ostroot, and Stephen Tyndel '13 joined Professor Arjun Guneratne to bird Sri Lanka in January. The group spent 12 days in one of the world's most remarkable biodiversity hotspots, birding this compact West Virgina-size island where 492 species of birds have been recorded.
Photos by Amelia E. Nielsen '08.