- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Photographers: David Turner, Emma Pulido '14, Edda Veelik '16, Yinong Ding '14
Everything is in high gear by the third week of classes. President Brian Rosenberg was a guest lecturer in Karl Egge's Deals class; MC Geologic, vocalist for the Seattle-based hip hop duo Blue Scholars, presented at Tuesday's SPEAK! Series;Local alumni working in communications careers joined students for lunch and conversation about career opportunities in their field; Members of the Lorelei Ensemble spoke to a music composition class in Hewitt Hall; The New Music Series, sponsored by the Rivendell Foundation, featured a concert by the new and early music group the Lorelei Ensemble; The men's swim team took part in the MIAC championships, held at the University of Minnesota; And it snowed again.