- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Photographers: David Turner, Emma Pulido '14, Edda Veelik '16, Yinong Ding '14
Everything is in high gear by the third week of classes. President Brian Rosenberg was a guest lecturer in Karl Egge's Deals class; MC Geologic, vocalist for the Seattle-based hip hop duo Blue Scholars, presented at Tuesday's SPEAK! Series;Local alumni working in communications careers joined students for lunch and conversation about career opportunities in their field; Members of the Lorelei Ensemble spoke to a music composition class in Hewitt Hall; The New Music Series, sponsored by the Rivendell Foundation, featured a concert by the new and early music group the Lorelei Ensemble; The men's swim team took part in the MIAC championships, held at the University of Minnesota; And it snowed again.