- Apr 18 Mac Jazz
- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
- May 17 Baccalaureate and Commencement
Thanks to the coldest Minnesota winter in 30 years, even those students wariest of dreaded “hat hair” have been forced to don headgear—or risk losing their ears to frostbite.
In typical Macalester fashion, though, they aren’t sporting just any old ski caps. Oh no. Our creative winter-wearers are topped by memorable chapeaus—braided and monkey-faced, cheerfully colored with Mac oranges and blues, baggy tammed and elegantly [fake] furred.
Often scarves meet hats in such a way we can barely spot the person inside. Yet we hold onto this: As surely as spring follows winter, our students will emerge from their wool and fleece cocoons—just about in time for graduation.