- Aug 28 New Student Orientation
- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
Thanks to the coldest Minnesota winter in 30 years, even those students wariest of dreaded “hat hair” have been forced to don headgear—or risk losing their ears to frostbite.
In typical Macalester fashion, though, they aren’t sporting just any old ski caps. Oh no. Our creative winter-wearers are topped by memorable chapeaus—braided and monkey-faced, cheerfully colored with Mac oranges and blues, baggy tammed and elegantly [fake] furred.
Often scarves meet hats in such a way we can barely spot the person inside. Yet we hold onto this: As surely as spring follows winter, our students will emerge from their wool and fleece cocoons—just about in time for graduation.