- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
Thanks to the coldest Minnesota winter in 30 years, even those students wariest of dreaded “hat hair” have been forced to don headgear—or risk losing their ears to frostbite.
In typical Macalester fashion, though, they aren’t sporting just any old ski caps. Oh no. Our creative winter-wearers are topped by memorable chapeaus—braided and monkey-faced, cheerfully colored with Mac oranges and blues, baggy tammed and elegantly [fake] furred.
Often scarves meet hats in such a way we can barely spot the person inside. Yet we hold onto this: As surely as spring follows winter, our students will emerge from their wool and fleece cocoons—just about in time for graduation.