- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Orchestra Spring Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
Thanks to the coldest Minnesota winter in 30 years, even those students wariest of dreaded “hat hair” have been forced to don headgear—or risk losing their ears to frostbite.
In typical Macalester fashion, though, they aren’t sporting just any old ski caps. Oh no. Our creative winter-wearers are topped by memorable chapeaus—braided and monkey-faced, cheerfully colored with Mac oranges and blues, baggy tammed and elegantly [fake] furred.
Often scarves meet hats in such a way we can barely spot the person inside. Yet we hold onto this: As surely as spring follows winter, our students will emerge from their wool and fleece cocoons—just about in time for graduation.