- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 2 Discussion: Greece in Turmoil
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 24 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
Macalester held its second Macathon, an overnight computer hackathon and start-up competition, Feb. 28-March 1. Ten student teams of three to six members each participated.
The teams who worked through the night to create the most innovative tech-enabled product or service for either the commercial or nonprofit sector. Saturday afternoon, they presented their work to a panel of nine alumni judges each of whom is highly accomplished in tech and/or business. More than $2,000 in prizes were split among the winning teams.
- 1st Place
Team Error 404 for cOBO, a safer and more localized service for buying and selling
- 2nd Place
Team Comp124 for Mailstrom, a mail room automation app
- 3rd Place
Team Skywalker Ranch Gang for Giraffe, a real-time location-based coupon service
TEAMS AND PROJECTS
- 8-bit Monkeys created Auroma, a loyalty system for small-scale restaurants.
- Carpooling 4 Trees created GeoCommute, a carpooling planning service.
- First Spring created Flash, an “intimate location sharing app” promoting real-life interactions.
- MeThree created TurnUp, an app for planning party attendance.
- SQL_Squirrels created Schedule Squirrel, an app to streamline course selection.
- Team 13 created Intellects Connect, an app for finding study buddies.
- Quintuple Stack Mac Attack created JobGEM, an employment prep & recruiting tool.