- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
Senior Renee Jordan Is NCAA Division III Diving Champion
March 21, 2014
CATEGORY: College News
St. Paul, Minn. – Macalester Senior Renee Jordan placed first in the 1-meter diving competition at the NCAA Division III women’s swimming and diving championships in Indianapolis, Ind., on Thursday, March 20.
Jordan is Macalester's first NCAA swimming and diving champion in the history of the program.
The MIAC 1-meter champion and an All-America diver at last year’s nationals, Jordan took the lead during Thursday morning’s preliminary round competition to clinch a top-eight finish and another All-America certificate. During the evening’s finals, she held up among the leaders and just clinched the crown on her final dive – finishing with a 468.90 mark to hold off Kenyon’s Maria Zarka, last year’s
national 3-meter winner.
Jordan returns to competition tomorrow, Saturday, March 22, for the final event of her career as she goes for another top NCAA finish in 3-meter diving.
Jordan is from Anchorage, Alaska, and is majoring in Chemistry.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,011 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu.