- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
Photographers: David Turner, Emma Pulido '14
Sixth week of class included talks, classes plus all the other activities of college life: A large group attended the IGC's Global Citizenship in the News series discussion on the ongoing crisis in Ukraine; The SPEAK! series featured a talk by Janet Mock, author, advocate, and trans woman, who focuses her efforts on speaking about the struggles, triumph, and portrayals of girls and women like her; At the Founders Day Pub Quiz, teams of four competed against fellow student and faculty member teams for prizes; Dedication programs in celebration of the renovation and expansion of the studio art building took place and gave students and faculty a chance to show off their new space; Students listen to a presentation in Karl Egge's Deals class; Students celebrated Founders Day with a friendly game of pushball on the Old Main lawn; After the pushball broke, students celebrated Founders Day with an old-fashioned snowball fight; The Founders Day party, an annual chance for the Mac community to celebrate the college's founding, took place at the Campus Center on Friday night.