- Jan 27 Matt Burgess's Book Launch
- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Students returned from break to a week full of activities. We were able to photograph a few of the many events on campus last week: Members of the Latino/a student organization Adelante! painted a mural in Davis Court during Latin Week; Students met to discuss the anti-government protests in Venezuela; Students in Casa Hispana made brigadeiros, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian candy, for Latin Week; Alice Gabriner, a photo editor at National Geographic and formerly of Time magazine and the White House photo staff, spoke as part of the Picturing the World Speaker Series; The sixth annual "Classics versus History Marshmallow Peeps Diorama Contest" show was held in Old Main; Persian New Year was celebrated; Battle of the Bands took place on Friday night as campus bands vied for a spot to play at this year's Springfest; St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman, Al Franken, and Elizabeth Warren spoke to an enthusiastic crowd. Adelante! Showcase took place in Kagin Commons on Saturday night.