- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Students returned from break to a week full of activities. We were able to photograph a few of the many events on campus last week: Members of the Latino/a student organization Adelante! painted a mural in Davis Court during Latin Week; Students met to discuss the anti-government protests in Venezuela; Students in Casa Hispana made brigadeiros, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian candy, for Latin Week; Alice Gabriner, a photo editor at National Geographic and formerly of Time magazine and the White House photo staff, spoke as part of the Picturing the World Speaker Series; The sixth annual "Classics versus History Marshmallow Peeps Diorama Contest" show was held in Old Main; Persian New Year was celebrated; Battle of the Bands took place on Friday night as campus bands vied for a spot to play at this year's Springfest; St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman, Al Franken, and Elizabeth Warren spoke to an enthusiastic crowd. Adelante! Showcase took place in Kagin Commons on Saturday night.