- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 Asian Music Ensemble Concert
Audrey Kohout '14 (Park City, Utah) studied economics, math, and geography at Macalester. Her education led her to an interest in technology that merges her skills in all three fields—and resulted in a job offer at Target.
"I'm thinking about how technology can be used to make people's lives better," she says. "That's something I've really found a passion for at Macalester. I've had to think through what matters to me and what I can do going forward that can do good in the world."
Last year Kohout landed a summer internship in Target's technology department at the company's Minneapolis headquarters, where she worked on projects, attended classes and training sessions, and networked with employees. She left her internship with a job offer: a spot in Target's 15-month technology leadership program, which rotates employees through three roles around the company with a focus on mentorship and career development.
A few months away from graduation, Kohout looks back on her college experience and is proud that she did everything she wanted to fit into her four years—including complete a double major and study abroad in New Zealand—without knowing her exact path when she arrived on campus. She credits Macalester's size, location, and people. "I've found friends who are going to be my friends for the rest of my life, and professors who I will probably keep learning from for the rest of my life, and that's really special to me," she says. "This place has such a community, and it always will."