- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
- May 16 Commencement
Ruxi Zhang '14 came to Macalester seeking a rigorous academic experience with small classes, close interaction with professors, and intensive writing and critical thinking challenges. What she found in four years at Macalester laid the foundation for her next step: graduate school in political science at Stanford University.
Zhang, who grew up in Beijing, attended high school in Canada to develop English fluency. She applied to liberal arts colleges because she wanted small class sizes—and the interaction with her professors proved invaluable, from one-on-one help in her Russian classes to advice on graduate school and career paths. That support, in and out of the classroom, has given her confidence and shaped her own future: Zhang would like to someday become a professor at a research university. Says the international studies and Russian studies double major: "I would love to teach."