- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
Lots is happening everywhere you look as the end of the semester rapidly approaches: The Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) held its second annual Celebration of Macalester's Global Citizens; Macalester Macalester NeuroClub members attended the annual Minnesota Neuromodulation Symposium in Minneapolis last week; Students enjoyed beautiful weather on the patio in front of the Campus Center last week; The opening reception of Mac's annual student art show took place April 11 in the Law Warschaw Gallery, Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center; Mac@Night held a carnival in the library on Saturday night; Afrika! Week African Bazaar, featuring the cultural artifacts and clothing of several African countries, was held on the lawn in front of Old Main; Afrika! Week also featured a musical and dance showcase at the Campus Center; Studio art professor Ruthann Godollei delivered her inaugural lecture as the Dewitt Wallace Professor of Art Friday afternoon in the Mairs Concert Hall; Theatre and Dance presented In the Blood, a 1999 play by Obie-award-winning American playwright Suzan-Lori Parks, directed by THDA’s Harry Waters Jr.