- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Lots is happening everywhere you look as the end of the semester rapidly approaches: The Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) held its second annual Celebration of Macalester's Global Citizens; Macalester Macalester NeuroClub members attended the annual Minnesota Neuromodulation Symposium in Minneapolis last week; Students enjoyed beautiful weather on the patio in front of the Campus Center last week; The opening reception of Mac's annual student art show took place April 11 in the Law Warschaw Gallery, Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center; Mac@Night held a carnival in the library on Saturday night; Afrika! Week African Bazaar, featuring the cultural artifacts and clothing of several African countries, was held on the lawn in front of Old Main; Afrika! Week also featured a musical and dance showcase at the Campus Center; Studio art professor Ruthann Godollei delivered her inaugural lecture as the Dewitt Wallace Professor of Art Friday afternoon in the Mairs Concert Hall; Theatre and Dance presented In the Blood, a 1999 play by Obie-award-winning American playwright Suzan-Lori Parks, directed by THDA’s Harry Waters Jr.