- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Orchestra Spring Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
Photographers: Emma Pulido '14, Edda Veelik '16, Samuel Dolce '14, Miranda Adams '15, Adan Martinez '16, Justine Decker '14, Aaron Colhapp, Herta Pitman
This is the time of year that tension builds as the end of the semester gets near: Macalester held a Real Food Town Hall event in Weyerhaeuser Memorial Chapel; Members of ¡Adelante! and Professor Alicia Muñoz posed with director Marco Williams during the screening of The Undocumented as a part of the annual Latin@ week; American studies celebrated the publishing of Professor SooJin Pate’s book From Orphan to Adoptee: U.S. Empire and Genealogies of Korean Adoption on Wednesday in the Alumni House; Peter Weisensel, retiring history professor, greeted guests at his reception; Students wore orange to honor Nienke Wijnia at her farewell party. Nienke is a dual Dutch and U.S. citizen; It snowed and students had a snowball fight; The Geography of Environmental Hazards class attempted to appreciate the aftermath of our April winter storm! Students found time to protest outside the Public Utilities Commission in St. Paul to oppose the expansion of the Alberta Clipper tar sands pipeline; Macalester Public Health hosted its second annual gala to open up dialogue about different issues in public health; Relay for Life was an all-night-long event sponsored by the American Cancer Society; Seniors showcased their talents on Friday night on the MGO Stage.