- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
Photographers: Emma Pulido '14, Edda Veelik '16, Samuel Dolce '14, Miranda Adams '15, Adan Martinez '16, Justine Decker '14, Aaron Colhapp, Herta Pitman
This is the time of year that tension builds as the end of the semester gets near: Macalester held a Real Food Town Hall event in Weyerhaeuser Memorial Chapel; Members of ¡Adelante! and Professor Alicia Muñoz posed with director Marco Williams during the screening of The Undocumented as a part of the annual Latin@ week; American studies celebrated the publishing of Professor SooJin Pate’s book From Orphan to Adoptee: U.S. Empire and Genealogies of Korean Adoption on Wednesday in the Alumni House; Peter Weisensel, retiring history professor, greeted guests at his reception; Students wore orange to honor Nienke Wijnia at her farewell party. Nienke is a dual Dutch and U.S. citizen; It snowed and students had a snowball fight; The Geography of Environmental Hazards class attempted to appreciate the aftermath of our April winter storm! Students found time to protest outside the Public Utilities Commission in St. Paul to oppose the expansion of the Alberta Clipper tar sands pipeline; Macalester Public Health hosted its second annual gala to open up dialogue about different issues in public health; Relay for Life was an all-night-long event sponsored by the American Cancer Society; Seniors showcased their talents on Friday night on the MGO Stage.