- Mar 6 Pushball - A Macalester Tradition
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
Most of my work involved promoting concerts and artists who were coming to town.
One of the best perks of my internship at the Cedar Cultural Center was getting free tickets to their shows. I was a marketing intern at the Cedar, which is a music venue in downtown Minneapolis that focuses on global music.
Most of my work involved promoting concerts and artists who were coming to town. I made official Cedar posters advertising the upcoming concerts, and found and edited videos to use in promotional reels. I updated the mobile app, wrote pieces about upcoming artists for the Tumblr blog, and reviewed shows I attended.
Everything I did—working with video and graphics and writing blog pieces—complemented my media and cultural studies major. Because I’m so interested in media, video, and graphic design, promoting the artists has been a lot of fun.
We have a great internship program at Mac and professors are always down with making calls to professional friends on a student’s behalf.
Everyone who works there is nice and cool, including the staffers, some of whom are Mac alums. I know even after I’ve left my internship I’ll remember many of their tips about marketing and writing for an online audience.