- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
The semester is almost over and events will soon be winding down: The Spring Dance Concert, choreographed and performed by students, was held last weekend in the Main Stage Theatre of the Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center; The annual student art exhibition "Marks" is in the Law Warschaw Gallery; Animal Behavior class members traveled to western Minnesota and South Dakota over the weekend for birdwatching; The Urban Politics of Latin America Colloquium was held in the college's library last week; Students with a concentration in Community and Global Health showed off their research in a poster session; The Hispanic Studies Department had a chilly day for their end-of-year picnic; Students forgot about finals while making jewelry last Wednesday night; Portuguese language students learned Brazilian samba as part of the cultural component of their classwork; The students of Dirt and Development (ENVI 194) explored the soil at Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve; The Staff and Faculty Appreciation Luncheon took place on Thursday; Friendly canines of all sizes were on campus Saturday to soothe frazzled pre-finals nerves; The Macalester Orchestra held its spring concert last weekend.