- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Macalester President receives $250,000 senior presidential leadership grant from the Mellon Foundation
June 23, 2014
St. Paul, Minn. – Macalester College President Brian Rosenberg has been awarded a $250,000 senior presidential leadership grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to support initiatives arising from the college’s strategic planning process. The grant, which is made by invitation only, will start in September 2014 and end in August 2017.
The grant will support activities in the areas of distinctive programming, technology and teaching, sustainable financial practices and programs, and governance. The funds will be used to create new courses and modify existing ones, provide faculty development, and allow the exploration of cooperative partnerships and alternate forms of campus governance.
President Rosenberg will be the project director for the grant. "With the support of the Mellon Foundation, Macalester will be able to take full advantage of the momentum generated by our strategic planning process," Rosenberg said. "The funding allows us to try compelling new ideas appealing to our community, thereby encouraging a culture that embraces innovation."
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,011 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism and civic engagement. Read more at macalester.edu