- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
Macalester President receives $250,000 senior presidential leadership grant from the Mellon Foundation
June 23, 2014
St. Paul, Minn. – Macalester College President Brian Rosenberg has been awarded a $250,000 senior presidential leadership grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to support initiatives arising from the college’s strategic planning process. The grant, which is made by invitation only, will start in September 2014 and end in August 2017.
The grant will support activities in the areas of distinctive programming, technology and teaching, sustainable financial practices and programs, and governance. The funds will be used to create new courses and modify existing ones, provide faculty development, and allow the exploration of cooperative partnerships and alternate forms of campus governance.
President Rosenberg will be the project director for the grant. "With the support of the Mellon Foundation, Macalester will be able to take full advantage of the momentum generated by our strategic planning process," Rosenberg said. "The funding allows us to try compelling new ideas appealing to our community, thereby encouraging a culture that embraces innovation."
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,011 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism and civic engagement. Read more at macalester.edu