- Jan 27 Matt Burgess's Book Launch
- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 5 Desperately Seeking Nana Hsu
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
Hey Mac! Check out Mac Social, a new online space to see what people are saying about Macalester in social media. Mac Social is a social media aggregator, bringing together posts on Instagram and Twitter that mention or tag Macalester as well as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook posts from the official Macalester College accounts on those services. The site presents each item in a tile format with the most recent posts at the top.
Who can participate? Everyone. The posts on Mac Social are from current students, prospective students, alumni, staff, faculty, media outlets, guests, and friends of the college. We watch for tags and mentions and push this content out to Mac Social. We are also introducing a new hashtag #heymac that can be used in Instagram and Twitter and tells the Communications team, “Hey! This would be great to put on Mac Social.”