- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
Hey Mac! Check out Mac Social, a new online space to see what people are saying about Macalester in social media. Mac Social is a social media aggregator, bringing together posts on Instagram and Twitter that mention or tag Macalester as well as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook posts from the official Macalester College accounts on those services. The site presents each item in a tile format with the most recent posts at the top.
Who can participate? Everyone. The posts on Mac Social are from current students, prospective students, alumni, staff, faculty, media outlets, guests, and friends of the college. We watch for tags and mentions and push this content out to Mac Social. We are also introducing a new hashtag #heymac that can be used in Instagram and Twitter and tells the Communications team, “Hey! This would be great to put on Mac Social.”