- Mar 26 EnviroThursday - "Sustainable Saint Paul: Greening the Capital City"
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 2 Discussion: Greece in Turmoil
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 24 Spring Dance Concert
I wanted to be a biology major from the beginning, so all the artwork I’ve done has focused on biological themes. I did research with biology professor Mark Davis at the Ordway Field Station and when he heard me talking with an artist who was exhibiting in the Smail Gallery, he asked to see my portfolio. Then he said he would like to see my work hung in that space as well.
I ended up working with applied mathematics professor Chad Topaz to create art that is a visual expression of swarm theory. I’m thrilled that this fall, my work will be exhibited in the same gallery where many well-known artists have exhibited.
In the future, I imagine myself working at a zoo, a wildlife conservation center, or a nature conservancy, creating art that will be a teaching tool or doing graphic design.