- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
I wanted to be a biology major from the beginning, so all the artwork I’ve done has focused on biological themes. I did research with biology professor Mark Davis at the Ordway Field Station and when he heard me talking with an artist who was exhibiting in the Smail Gallery, he asked to see my portfolio. Then he said he would like to see my work hung in that space as well.
I ended up working with applied mathematics professor Chad Topaz to create art that is a visual expression of swarm theory. I’m thrilled that this fall, my work will be exhibited in the same gallery where many well-known artists have exhibited.
In the future, I imagine myself working at a zoo, a wildlife conservation center, or a nature conservancy, creating art that will be a teaching tool or doing graphic design.