- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
I wanted to be a biology major from the beginning, so all the artwork I’ve done has focused on biological themes. I did research with biology professor Mark Davis at the Ordway Field Station and when he heard me talking with an artist who was exhibiting in the Smail Gallery, he asked to see my portfolio. Then he said he would like to see my work hung in that space as well.
I ended up working with applied mathematics professor Chad Topaz to create art that is a visual expression of swarm theory. I’m thrilled that this fall, my work will be exhibited in the same gallery where many well-known artists have exhibited.
In the future, I imagine myself working at a zoo, a wildlife conservation center, or a nature conservancy, creating art that will be a teaching tool or doing graphic design.