- Feb 27 Imaging Disaster: Tokyo and the Visual Culture of Japan's Great Earthquake of 1923
- Feb 27 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Feb 28 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
For the media:
Please contact Barbara K. Laskin, media relations manager, at 651-696-6451 or email@example.com.
Our 163 faculty teach 800 courses in
59 departments or programs and have a wide range of expertise and insight
to bring to stories or analysis of current news. 96 percent of our faculty
have PhDs, or the highest degree in their fields and 20 percent are
U.S. and international people of color.
Other resources for finding faculty experts:
While Macalester welcomes the media
to campus, we do require that all members of the media contact our Media
Relations Manager Barbara Laskin prior to visiting campus. Reporters
or other members of the media visiting campus will be escorted by a
Communications staff person or designee.
Our goal is to facilitate media access while not interfering with teaching and research activities and protecting the privacy, health and safety of students, faculty and staff; and complying with state and federal student and personnel privacy laws.
- Media vehicles must be parked legally. Maps & Directions.
- Equipment must not damage college property
- Equipment, vehicles and personnel must not restrict traffic, fire lanes or access to buildings
- Additional restrictions on the use of television cameras, still cameras, flashes and other special lighting and audio equipment may be imposed on a case-by-case basis to minimize disruption or protect safety or security. If security is an issue, these items may be subject to inspection
Release of student information
Federal law, state law and college policy govern access to student records. Under these laws and policies, only certain information is considered public. However, it is possible for students to suppress some or all public information by requesting a nondisclosure.
All requests for information from reporters and representatives of news organizations must be directed to Media Relations. Depending on the nature of your request, we may require you to make the request in writing.
Commercial filming on campus
Macalester’s beautiful, vibrant urban campus makes it an ideal setting for a variety commercial still and film projects. To learn more about filming on campus, contact the Campus Center, 651-696-6888
For Faculty, Staff, Students
We are always looking for interesting
and timely news about faculty and student achievements and exciting
things happening on campus. If you have a story to share, contact Communications
and Public Relations at: x6203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are contacted by a member of
the media and have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our
Media Relations Manager Barbara K. Laskin, 651-696-6451 or email@example.com.
If you were in the news, we’d love
to see the story. Please email
If you would like help developing a
communications plan to promote new research, a grant, an event, or other
activity, or preparing for a media interview, contact Barbara Laskin.
Dean’s and Honors List and Graduation Notices
Each semester, Communications &
Public Relations sends information about students earning a spot on
the Dean’s or Honors list to their hometown papers. We also send notices
on graduates each semester to their hometown papers.
If you have not seen a notice in your paper, or have moved since matriculating, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit campus news to the Daily
Piper, which is published each day during the academic year and
twice a week during the summer and on breaks.
We want to share the wonderful
things our alumni are doing and we’re always looking for interesting
stories and profiles for Macalester Today and Mac Wire.
If you have a story idea, contact: