- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
Eight to be honored at Macalester Reunion in June
May 16, 2013
An EPA Administrator and a London-based Venture Philanthropist are two of eight to be honored at Macalester Reunion in June.
Prof. Karen Saxe has been named the American Mathematical Society (AMS) 2013-14 Congressional Fellow.
Recent Macalester student award winners
May 10, 2013
Several Macalester students have recently received scholarships or fellowships.
Music Prof. Randy Bauer has received a McKnight Composition Fellowship, funded by the McKnight Foundation. He is one of four recipients. The American Composers Forum made the announcement.
Macalester graduating seniors Kelsey Austin-King, Wren Brennan, Sarah Horowitz, Sarah Koehler and Elizabeth Nelson and alumna Julia Hechler have all received Fulbright Awards to work in Columbia, Brazil, China, Sri Lanka, Germany and France.
CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin to speak at Macalester Commencement
March 29, 2013
Lawyer, author and legal expert Jeffrey Toobin, a senior analyst for CNN Worldwide and a staff writer at The New Yorker, will deliver the commencement speech for the 2013 Macalester College graduation ceremony. Abass Noor is the senior class speaker. Noor, born in Somalia and raised in New Hope, Minn., is a Biology/Biochemistry major and Chemistry minor, with a Community and Global Health concentration.
Photo courtesy of CNN
Environmental Studies Professor Roopali Phadke has been awarded the 2013 Jack and Marty Rossmann Excellence in Teaching Award that recognizes “a faculty member who has been identified by colleagues and students as exemplifying the teaching goals of Macalester College.”