- Jan 27 Matt Burgess's Book Launch
- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Macalester Provost named President at Whitman College
November 13, 2014
Kathleen M. Murray, who has been Macalester's Provost since July 2008, has been named the 14th President of Whitman College in Walla Walla, Wash.
Macalester names new Vice President for Advancement
November 5, 2014
D. Andrew Brown, Assistant Vice President for Development at the University of Minnesota Foundation, has been named Macalester College's Vice President for Advancement beginning January 1, 2015. President Brian Rosenberg made the announcement today.
Geology Professor Ray Rogers and alumna Madeline Marshall ‘12, a current University of Chicago graduate student studying paleontology, were part of a small team exploring 68 million-year-old rocks in northwestern Madagascar in 2010.
The 2014 Fall Dance Concert features new choreographic works by students, faculty, and guest artist Karen Charles.
"The Cradle Will Rock" is a collaboration between the Theatre and Dance Department and the Music Department; its cast of 28 makes it one of the largest Mainstage productions of recent years.
The Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation has awarded Macalester College a Career Ready Internship grant for the 2014-2015 academic year in the amount of $60,022. The corporation awarded a total of $5.2 million in new grants to Macalester and 39 other colleges and universities in Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin allowing students with financial need to reap the educational and career-boosting benefits of paid internships.
New Music Series Presents Music from Copland House
September 22, 2014
The acclaimed resident ensemble at Aaron Copland’s National Historic Landmark home in New York, has come to occupy a special place on the U.S. musical scene as perhaps this country’s only wide-ranging American repertory ensemble.
Macalester’s 21st Annual International Roundtable: “Migration” Oct. 8-11
September 17, 2014
The 2014 Macalester International Roundtable (IRT) will examine human MIGRATION as a dynamic and powerful social force shaping societies, past and present.
The Amy Ostermeier Human Rights Fellowships, designed to support students who secure internships at human rights organizations, were awarded to Macalester students Emma Cederlund, Luiza Montesanti and Joseph Walker for the summer of 2014.