- Feb 27 Imaging Disaster: Tokyo and the Visual Culture of Japan's Great Earthquake of 1923
- Feb 27 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Feb 28 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
Macalester Provost named President at Whitman College
November 13, 2014
Kathleen M. Murray, who has been Macalester's Provost since July 2008, has been named the 14th President of Whitman College in Walla Walla, Wash.
Macalester names new Vice President for Advancement
November 5, 2014
D. Andrew Brown, Assistant Vice President for Development at the University of Minnesota Foundation, has been named Macalester College's Vice President for Advancement beginning January 1, 2015. President Brian Rosenberg made the announcement today.
Geology Professor Ray Rogers and alumna Madeline Marshall ‘12, a current University of Chicago graduate student studying paleontology, were part of a small team exploring 68 million-year-old rocks in northwestern Madagascar in 2010.
The 2014 Fall Dance Concert features new choreographic works by students, faculty, and guest artist Karen Charles.
"The Cradle Will Rock" is a collaboration between the Theatre and Dance Department and the Music Department; its cast of 28 makes it one of the largest Mainstage productions of recent years.
The Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation has awarded Macalester College a Career Ready Internship grant for the 2014-2015 academic year in the amount of $60,022. The corporation awarded a total of $5.2 million in new grants to Macalester and 39 other colleges and universities in Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin allowing students with financial need to reap the educational and career-boosting benefits of paid internships.
New Music Series Presents Music from Copland House
September 22, 2014
The acclaimed resident ensemble at Aaron Copland’s National Historic Landmark home in New York, has come to occupy a special place on the U.S. musical scene as perhaps this country’s only wide-ranging American repertory ensemble.
Macalester’s 21st Annual International Roundtable: “Migration” Oct. 8-11
September 17, 2014
The 2014 Macalester International Roundtable (IRT) will examine human MIGRATION as a dynamic and powerful social force shaping societies, past and present.