Katharine Ordway Natural History Study Area
Jerald J. Dosch
Visiting Assistant Professor, Biology
9550 Inver Grove Trail
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Katharine Ordway Natural History Study Area (Ordway Field Station) is an area set aside by Macalester colleg for biological and environmental education, research, and the protection and management of natural environments.
Access by the public is permitted providing they first obtain permission by contacting Resident Naturalist at 651-455-6204.
While Macalester is happy to make this wonderful area available to the public, the following activities are prohibited:
- Hunting, fishing and trapping
- Collecting plants, animals, fossils, or artifacts
- Bringing pets on the site
- Bringing or using drugs, alcohol on the site
- Building fires and camping
- Straying from marked trails
- Using motorized vehicles
Please avoid areas containing flags and markers as they correspond to ongoing research.