- New Student Orientation
- To Do List
- First-Year Student Registration
- Transfer Students
- Life at Mac
- Parents & Families
Campus Center 2nd Floor
Macalester faculty and staff share your exceptional vision and ambition for all aspects of your life, in and out of the classroom. Your personal and professional development, and that of your peers, is the cornerstone of a partnership that will last during your years here and beyond. It is an exciting journey on which we embark together.
Your commitment to yourself comes with a shared commitment to the health and welfare of others. That is why Macalester is required all incoming students to take the AlcholEdu for College online course. You will need to complete this module prior to your arrival on campus between August 4 and August 27, 2014.
Alcohol is an issue that impacts all college students. Whether you abstain from alcohol entirely or not, it is an influence in our lives and in the lives of our family and friends. Macalester is committed to promoting healthy behaviors and empowering students to inform themselves about the impact of alcohol use on themselves and the community.
To help foster that environment, Macalester College has adopted AlcoholEdu for College as a component of our alcohol abuse prevention initiative. This is not an over-simplified lecture about the use of alcohol. It is a thoughtful, engaging program for adults committed to thinking about their life choices.
Your physical and emotional health, now and longer-term, serves as a critical foundation for your intellectual and creative potential. Your commitment to yourself comes with a shared commitment to the health and well-being of others. We hope you enjoy the course.
Again, you need to complete this prior to your arrival on campus. Click the link below once the website is active, and use the following ID to log into the program. Remember, this must be completed between August 4 and August 27, 2014.
AlcoholEdu for College Module
Registration Code: C173902A
Other important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.