- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 5 Naming Ceremony for the Joan Adams Mondale Hall of Studio Art
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
- May 17 Baccalaureate and Commencement
Office of Student Affairs
Weyerhaeuser Room 119
Macalester's Parent Council is comprised of the parents of current students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Macalester.
Formed in 2006, the council serves a variety of roles, each with the common thread of fostering communication between Mac parents and an array of important constituencies.
The Parent Council:
- Serves the college administration as a sounding board on current campus issues, and assists with communication to parents.
- Helps connect Macalester parents with other parents, participating in regional and campus events for parents and students.
- Hosts receptions for new students and parents each summer.
- Is available to prospective Macalester students and parents through informal gatherings during the college selection process.
The Parent Council meets twice a year on campus, and communicates throughout the year via phone and email as necessary.
We encourage you to reach out to us--or any of the Parent Council members--and we welcome your suggestions to help Mac parents connect this year.
Steve Gardner (Parent '14)
Parent Council Chair