- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
- Feb 20 BLAC Showcase!
- Feb 21 Macathon 2015
- Feb 27 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Feb 28 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Mar 2 Women and Power in Post-Conflict Africa
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
- May 16 Commencement
- Jun 5 Reunion 2015
Office of Student Affairs
Weyerhaeuser Room 119
Macalester's Parent Council is comprised of the parents of current students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Macalester. Formed in 2006, the council serves a variety of roles, each with the common thread of fostering communication between Mac parents and an array of important constituencies.
It goes without saying that colleges must keep pace with the rapid changes inherent in our society today. Soliciting and listening to a wide array of ideas and opinions is a critical part of that effort and the Parent Council is one of the channels Macalester views as an important source of ideas and opinions from parents. It is an exciting time to witness the challenges shaping the ideas that move the college forward.
The Parent Council serves a number of purposes.
- We act as a sounding board for the administration on important issues facing students, teachers and administrators by providing a unique perspective from parents’ points of view.
- We support the admissions process in a number of ways. We talk to prospective parents and students about life and academics at Macalester. We also host receptions for new students and parents each summer.
- We act as ambassadors for Macalester by participating in regional and campus events for parents and students.
- We also encourage our members to support career networking and advice for students through the Macalester Parent Career Connections.
We have two formal meetings on campus each year, one in October and one typically in April. In addition to these formal meetings, we will occasionally reach out to address a specific issue or opportunity.
Please feel free to reach out to any members of the council if you have questions, concerns or ideas that you think affects life at Macalester.
Co-Chairs, Macalester Parent Council