- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
Office of Student Affairs
Weyerhaeuser Room 119
Macalester's Parent Council is comprised of the parents of current students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Macalester.
Formed in 2006, the council serves a variety of roles, each with the common thread of fostering communication between Mac parents and an array of important constituencies.
The Parent Council:
- Serves the college administration as a sounding board on current campus issues, and assists with communication to parents.
- Helps connect Macalester parents with other parents, participating in regional and campus events for parents and students.
- Hosts receptions for new students and parents each summer.
- Is available to prospective Macalester students and parents through informal gatherings during the college selection process.
The Parent Council meets twice a year on campus, and communicates throughout the year via phone and email as necessary.
We encourage you to reach out to us--or any of the Parent Council members--and we welcome your suggestions to help Mac parents connect this year.
Steve Gardner (Parent '14)
Parent Council Chair