- Mar 10 Arab Music with Syrian Oud Master Essam Rafea
- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
- Apr 5 Macalester Choirs
- Apr 6 Macalester Pipe Band
- Apr 6 Macalester Wind Ensemble
Office of Student Affairs
Weyerhaeuser Room 119
Macalester's Parent Council is comprised of the parents of current students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Macalester.
Formed in 2006, the council serves a variety of roles, each with the common thread of fostering communication between Mac parents and an array of important constituencies.
The Parent Council:
- Serves the college administration as a sounding board on current campus issues, and assists with communication to parents.
- Helps connect Macalester parents with other parents, participating in regional and campus events for parents and students.
- Hosts receptions for new students and parents each summer.
- Is available to prospective Macalester students and parents through informal gatherings during the college selection process.
The Parent Council meets twice a year on campus, and communicates throughout the year via phone and email as necessary.
We encourage you to reach out to us--or any of the Parent Council members--and we welcome your suggestions to help Mac parents connect this year.
Steve Gardner (Parent '14)
Parent Council Chair