- Aug 28 New Student Orientation
- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
Office of Student Affairs
Weyerhaeuser Room 119
Macalester's Parent Council is comprised of the parents of current students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Macalester.
Formed in 2006, the council serves a variety of roles, each with the common thread of fostering communication between Mac parents and an array of important constituencies.
The Parent Council:
- Serves the college administration as a sounding board on current campus issues, and assists with communication to parents.
- Helps connect Macalester parents with other parents, participating in regional and campus events for parents and students.
- Hosts receptions for new students and parents each summer.
- Is available to prospective Macalester students and parents through informal gatherings during the college selection process.
The Parent Council meets twice a year on campus, and communicates throughout the year via phone and email as necessary.
We encourage you to reach out to us--or any of the Parent Council members--and we welcome your suggestions to help Mac parents connect this year.
Steve Gardner (Parent '14)
Parent Council Chair