- Dec 6 Macalester Orchestra
- Dec 7 Macalester Early Music Ensemble
- Dec 7 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- Dec 8 Macalester Asian Music Ensemble
- Dec 8 Mac Jazz
- Dec 9 Classes End
- Jan 27 Classes Begin
- Feb 20 The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui
- Apr 10 In the Blood
- May 6 Classes End
- May 17 Baccalaureate and Commencement
Office of Student Affairs
Weyerhaeuser Room 119
Macalester's Parent Council is comprised of the parents of current students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Macalester.
Formed in 2006, the council serves a variety of roles, each with the common thread of fostering communication between Mac parents and an array of important constituencies.
The Parent Council:
- Serves the college administration as a sounding board on current campus issues, and assists with communication to parents.
- Helps connect Macalester parents with other parents, participating in regional and campus events for parents and students.
- Hosts receptions for new students and parents each summer.
- Is available to prospective Macalester students and parents through informal gatherings during the college selection process.
The Parent Council meets twice a year on campus, and communicates throughout the year via phone and email as necessary.
We encourage you to reach out to us--or any of the Parent Council members--and we welcome your suggestions to help Mac parents connect this year.
Steve Gardner (Parent '14)
Parent Council Chair