Office of the President
208 Weyerhaeuser Hall
62 Macalester Street
St. Paul, MN 55105-1899
Here are answers to some common questions we've received about the Presidents' Day 2011 phone call from President Rosenberg.
- What were the results of the call? How many people participated?
- I am active with Macalester, but wasn't called. Why not?
- I was on the call. Why didn't I have a chance to ask my question?
- I was on the call but the line went dead, or I was called, but was unable to connect. Do I need to tell anyone? Where can I hear the recording?
- How can I update my contact information or change my privacy settings?
What were the results of the call? How many people participated?
President Rosenberg connected with more than 7,600 households and more than 1,800 alumni, parents and friends stayed on the call for the duration. President Rosenberg has received close to 50 positive responses from people who participated. We believe the call succeeded in engaging our Macalester community and we are pleased with the results.
I am active with Macalester, but wasn't called. Why not?
There are a few reasons why you may not have received a call:
- The call was limited to people with domestic (U.S.) phone numbers.
- Even though this was not a fundraising call, we did not call those who had previously requested no phone solicitations to honor these constituents’ communication preferences.
- Staff and faculty of Macalester were not called unless they are also parents, alumni, or have given more than a certain amount to the college. We were not intending to be exclusionary, rather we believed this was the best way to honor the communication preferences of these groups.
- It is possible that Macalester has an incorrect phone number for you.
- In a few cases it appears that the system we used to place the call simply did not connect with an intended recipient. As a new technology, it still has some imperfections.
I was on the call. Why didn't I have a chance to ask my question?
We had many people waiting to ask questions and neither our staff screening calls, nor President Rosenberg, could get to everyone.
I was on the call but the line went dead, or I was called, but was unable to connect. Do I need to tell anyone? Where can I hear the recording?
We have heard from a few people that they experienced some technical difficulties. We are sorry about that. If you wish, you may tell us about your experience by emailing Alumni Relations. The recording of the call can be found here.
How can I update my contact information or change my communications preferences?
Alumni can check and update their contact information in MacDirect, our online community for alumni, and update your communications preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a parent or friend of the college, please email email@example.com to update your contact information.