- Residential Life
- Residence Halls
- Language and Specialty Houses
- Living On Campus
- Policies and Procedures
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Card Services
Campus Center 236
Room Draw Schedule for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
Locate which Draw Type best fits your situation. Follow the steps to apply for housing, match with roommates, and finally to select a space. Pay close attention to each step’s deadline.
Matching will open on March 7 for all draws except the Rising Sophomore Doubles and Singles Draw
|Draw Type||1. Apply By:||2. Match By:||3. Select ON:|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Homestead Same Space Draw||March 21, 2016||March 21,7:30 AM to March 23, 5:00 PM||March 23, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Summit House Draw||March 21, 2016||March 21, 7:30 AM to March 23, 5:00 PM||March 23, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: New Spaces Draw||March 21, 2016||March, 22, 7:30 AM to March 24, 5:00 PM||March 24, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Suites, Triples and Quads Draw||March 21, 2016||March 26, 7:30 AM to March 29, 5:00 PM||March 29, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Singles and Doubles Draw||March 21, 2016||March 30 7:30 AM to March 31, 10:00 PM||March 31, 4:45 PM to 10:00 PM|
Room Draw Step-by-Step
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Life > MyHousing. Select ApplyOnLine and then Housing and Dining Agreement 2016-2017.
- Rising juniors and rising seniors: Accepting the Housing and Dining Agreement 2016-2017 indicates your interest in living on campus. It does not commit you to selecting a space nor does it guarantee a space on campus.
- Don’t wait until the Draw Day to apply! When you accept the Housing and Dining Agreement on the day of the Draw, you must contact Residential Life immediately at 651-696-6215 to be added to the Draw.
- Once a rising junior or rising senior selects a campus housing space, the Housing and Dining Agreement becomes effective, committing them to the associated room and board costs.
- Rising sophomores are required to live on campus, to accept the Housing and Dining Agreement, and to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing. Select MyHousing and click Roommates.
- A matched roommate group is all members of the group accepting each other on their individual MyHousing pages.
- Matching will remain open throughout each Draw so students may match and remove matches to meet the required number of students for a particular room, suite, or apartment.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing. Select MyHousing and click Room Selection from the left side bar.
- Spaces that match the number in a group will appear.
- For students with no roommate matches only single rooms will appear.
- Language and specialty housing assignments are filled before Room Draw. Students interested in living in a Language or Specialty House, should apply directly to the sponsoring department during the month of February.
- Want to live in 30 Mac? You must complete the Healthy Living Community Agreement to finalize your space in the 30 Mac, Healthy Living Community.
- Plan to select a room with mixed genders in GDD, GCA, or the Summit House? No problem with mixed gender suites, but if a double room within a suite or apartment will be mixed gender, contact Residential Life in advance of the Draw so an adjustment can be made in the MyHousing application to accommodate your choice.
- One person from a group can pick the space. Be prepared to assign rooms and roommates within suites and apartments.
- Draw times will be assigned for the March 31, 2016 Rising Sophomores Singles and Doubles Draw.