- Residential Life
- Residence Halls
- Language and Specialty Houses
- Living On Campus
- Policies and Procedures
- Student Leadership Opportunities
Campus Center 236
Room Draw 2015-2016 Deadlines
Locate which Draw Type best fits your situation. Follow the steps to apply for housing, match with roommates, and finally to select a space. Pay close attention to each step’s deadline.
|Draw Type||1. Apply||2. Match||3. Select|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Homestead Same Space Draw||March 23, 2015||March 23, 2015 7:30 AM to March 25, 2015 5:00 PM||March 25, 2015 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Summit House Draw||March 23, 2015||March 23, 2015 7:30 AM to March 25, 2015 5:00 PM||March 25, 2015 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: New Spaces Draw||March 23, 2015||March, 23, 2015 7:30 AM to March 26, 2015 5:00 PM||March 26, 2015 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Suites, Triples and Quads Draw||March 23, 2015||March 27, 2015 7:30 AM to March 31, 2015 5:00 PM||March 31, 2015 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Singles and Doubles Draw||March 23, 2015||April 1, 2015 7:30 AM to April 2, 2015 11:30 PM||April 2, 2015 4:45 PM to 11:30 PM|
Room Draw Step-by-Step
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Life > MyHousing. Select ApplyOnLine and then Housing and Dining Agreement 2015-2016.
- Rising juniors and rising seniors: Accepting the Housing and Dining Agreement 2015-2016 indicates your interest in living on campus. It does not commit you to selecting a space nor does it guarantee a space on campus.
- Don’t wait until the Draw Day to apply! When you accept the Housing and Dining Agreement on the day of the Draw, you must contact Residential Life immediately at 651-696-6215 to be added to the Draw.
- Once a rising junior or rising senior selects a campus housing space, the Housing and Dining Agreement becomes effective, committing them to the associated room and board costs.
- Rising sophomores are required to live on campus, accept the Housing and Dining Agreement, and to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing. Select MyHousing and click Roommates.
- A matched roommate group is all members of the group accepting each other on their MyHousing page.
- Matching will remain open throughout each Draw so students may match and remove matches to meet the required number of students for a particular room, suite, or apartment.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing. Select MyHousing and click Room Selection from the left side bar.
- Spaces that match the number in a group will appear.
- When there are no roommate matches only single rooms will appear.
- Language and specialty housing assignments are filled before Room Draw. Students interested in living in a Language or Specialty House, should apply directly to the sponsoring department during the month of February.
- Want to live in 30 Mac? You must complete the Healthy Living Community Agreement to finalize your space in the 30 Mac, Healthy Living Community.
- Plan to select a room with mixed genders in GDD, GCA, or the Summit House? Contact Residential Life in advance of the Draw so an adjustment can be made in the MyHousing application to accommodate your choice.
- One person from a group can pick the space. Be prepared to assign rooms and roommates within suites and apartments.
- Draw times will be assigned for the April 2, 2015 Rising Sophomores Singles and Doubles Draw.