Crash Course in Russian
In many ways, it is easier to learn Russian than it is to learn English.
- In Russian, most words are pronounced just the way they are written
- Russian does not use articles like "a," "an," or "the"
- There are fewer tenses in Russian than in English
- Sentence structure in Russian is less complex than in English
- Because Russian uses the case system, where the noun endings change depending on the meaning, the word order is not as strict as it is in English
In this online lesson, you will:
- Learn the Russian alphabet
- Learn some useful words and phrases
- See how Russian syntax is different from English
- Learn what you need to say to buy ice cream in Moscow