651-696-6555 (24 hour)
651-696-6278 (business hours)
Criminal Behavior Procedures - What to do when you observe criminal behavior
- If you are the victim of a crime or if you observe a crime in progress or behavior which you suspect is criminal, immediately notify Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 or the St. Paul Police Department at 911.
- Report as much information as possible including:
- What the person(s) is/are doing.
- The location (be as specific as possible).
- Physical and clothing description of those involved.
- Weapons (if any) involved.
- Vehicle description, license plate number, and direction of travel when last seen.
Do not approach or attempt to apprehend the person(s) involved.
What Will Happen Next?
- Safety and Security and/or the St. Paul Police will respond to the situation.
- Assist Safety and Security officers when they arrive by supplying them with all additional information and ask others to do the same.
- Safety and Security officers will conduct a campus area search and will evacuate areas as necessary. Follow their instructions and take a report.
If you see or hear about criminal activity:
- Call 911 immediately
- Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with a suspect or crime
- Note the suspect's characteristics: height, weight, sex, race, age, clothing, weapon (if any), and direction and method of travel
- If the suspect flees the scene in an automobile, note the license plate, make, model, color, and any other characteristics of the vehicle
KEEP YOURSELF CALM - KEEP OTHERS CALM
In an emergency, call 911 and Campus Security 651-696-6555. Give your campus location and describe the emergency situation.
Life, health or safety threat: 911
Emergency or to Report a Crime: 651-696-6555
Office : 651-696-6278
Office location: Music Building M002
Business hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Security and SAFEwalk available 24/7
SAFEWalk Service: 651-696-6699