651-696-6555 (24 hour)
651-696-6278 (business hours)
This time of year when we all are very busy is also a time when opportunists are most active. During this time "break ins" and strangers are in and about campus.
Safety and Security asks for your help in protecting your personal property as well as college property.
Here are some tips that will help reduce theft and increase your personal safety:
- Take time to keep control of your personal items.
- Do not leave personal items unattended.
- Be sure doors are locked and latched when you leave offices and buildings. It is good practice to lock your office or work area every time you leave; you may not return as quickly as you had planned.
- Call Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 immediately if you see ANY ONE who you believe is behaving in an inappropriate manner or asking "odd" kinds of questions.
- Call Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 for an escort to your vehicle if you are working after the building is closed.
- If you are working in the building after business hours call Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 and let them know you are in the building. When you leave also call the Safety and Security Officer and let them know you are are leaving.