- Science and Research Office
- How to Start
- On Campus Opportunities
- Minnesota Opportunities
- Special for Mac Opportunities
- Government Funded Opportunities
- Other Opportunities
- Experiential Learning & Collaborative Programs
- Poster Session
Chemistry Professor & Chair
There are numerous private foundations and corporations that provide student research opportunities including the following:
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI)
HHMI offers thousands of exciting experiences in the sciences for students at colleges and universities throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. HHMI's Janelia Farm Research Campus is a state-of-the-art biomedical research complex near Washington DC. Their summer research program includes a $4,500 stipend, on-site housing and travel expenses.
- ISIS Pharmaceuticals is a drug development and discovery company focusing exclusively on the therapeutic target RNA. ISIS has several summer research positions working in a number of areas.
Summer research positions
- Jackson Laboratory
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM) Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Merck Research Laboratories
- Biogen Idec
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Summer Research Participation Program in Science
- Stipends Awarded By Professional Societies. There are a number of professional societies and associations that fund undergraduate student research fellowships for the summer. The fellowships are used to support full-time undergraduate students to work in the laboratory of an established investigator who is a member of the professional society. Some of the applications require the student to talk with the investigator and to write a research project description, some require a research proposal and other applications may ask for a lengthy personal statement. The following are a few of the professional societies who fund fellowships.