77 Macalester Street, Suite 102
- How can I view my eBill statement and other billing account information?
- How can I get a paper copy of my statement?
- How do I share the billing responsibility with my parents or other persons?
- Why isn't my full work study award applied to my account?
- How are student employment earnings applied to student accounts?
- I subtracted my charges from my Financial Aid and paid the difference; Why does my account still have a balance due?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the Financial Aid listed on my eBill statement?
- How do I know what to pay if I receive a new financial aid award?
Payment Due Dates
- When are the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semester payments due?
- What happens if I fail to pay my bill by the due date?
How can I view my eBill statement and other billing account information?
Students may view their eBill statement, billing account information, and make online payments by logging on to Macalester’s student portal, 1600grand, click on Student Life, click on My Student Account, click on View/Pay My Bill, click on Mac Account Suite, click on the option you are looking for such as eBill.
How can I get a paper copy of my statement?
Students and authorized users may logon to view the student’s eBill statement and click on the print option. Macalester College does not provide paper copies of statements.
How do I share the billing responsibility with my parents or other persons?
Students may share the billing responsibility by setting up parents or other persons as authorized users to view their billing account information. To do so, students may logon to Macalester’s student portal, 1600grand, click on Student Life, click on My Student Account, click on View/Pay My Bill, click on Mac Account Suite, click on Authorized Users tab, and enter information as prompted. The authorized user will receive an email with login information which can be used to view account information, statements, and make payments.
Why isn't my full work study award applied to my account?
While work study is a form of financial aid, the money must be earned. Students are given a specific dollar amount that they may earn each semester. Until the money is earned and applied to your account, you will not be given credit for it. If you would like to have your work study checks directly applied to your student account, you will need to come to the Student Accounts Office to complete the necessary paperwork.
How are student employment earnings applied to student accounts?
Students who work on campus may sign a Student Employment Check Authorization Form in the Student Accounts Office authorizing the college to automatically apply the work study earnings to your account.
I subtracted my charges from my Financial Aid and paid the difference. Why does my account still have a balance due?
Some common errors in calculating what is owed are; registering for part time when the student intends to be full time, making different living arrangements, not subtracting the loan origination fee, adding in your work study award and intending to apply for a loan that has not yet been processed due to missing documents.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the Financial Aid listed on my eBill statement?
Please contact the Financial Aid Office regarding financial aid items listed on your statement or pertain to your billing account information. Their contact information is:
Phone: 651-696-6214 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site: www.macalester.edu/financialaid/ .
How do I know what to pay if I receive a new financial aid award?
Take the total charges due, subtract the new aid award and pay the difference. Remember that work study is not a credit until it is earned, so it should not be included in your calculation. To help you in figuring out the new amount due, go to Estimating your bill worksheet.
- Cash: Personally paid in the Student Accounts Office.
- Check: Made payable to Macalester College and mailed or personally delivered to the Student Accounts Office. Mailing address: Student Accounts Office, Macalester College, 1600 Grand Ave, St. Paul, MN 55105.
- Online Payment Options:
- Checking/savings account (no fee).
- Credit card. We accept online credit card payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Credit card payments include a 2.75% fee paid by the card holder.
- Wire Transfer: To make a wire transfer payment, please contact the Student Accounts Office by either mailing or emailing your request to receive the wire transfer information. You may also stop in the Student Accounts Office to request the information in person. When making a wire transfer, please include the students Macalester ID number and name in the reference section.
Can I wait until I get to campus to pay my bill?
Do not wait until you get to campus to pay your bill. The eBill statement and all information clearly states that the due date for Fall Semester is August 15th and the due date for Spring Semester is January 15th. A Student Account Hold will be placed on your account if your account has not been paid by the due date.
What happens if I fail to pay my bill by the due date?
If payment or a payment plan has not been made with TMS by the semester due date, (August 15th for Fall Semester, January 15th for Spring Semester) a validation hold will be put on your account. Do not wait until the day of validation to pay your balance or apply for your loans.
Do I have to pay for health insurance coverage if I have my own coverage?
By default, all students are charged for the health insurance and are responsible for waiving out of the policy. Health insurance coverage is mandatory. You must waive out by the deadline of September 2, 2016, in order for the fees to be credited back to the student's billing account. To waive out of the policy, go to GallagherKoster.com/macalester web site. Once you are enrolled in the policy, you may not waive out.