77 Macalester Street, Suite 102
Summer Physics Students
The Student Accounts Office at Macalester would like to welcome you to the Macalester community for the 2014 Summer Physics Session/s. We would like to provide you with information about the billing process and policies we follow in regard to the billing of tuition, fees, and other charges, payment options available to you, required forms, and general policies of the Student Accounts Office. Some helpful links to information regarding your student billing account with Macalester are listed below.
- Contact Information for the Student Accounts Office
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Tuition and Fees for Summer Physics 2014
- Important Billing Information
- Statement of Account
- Payment Options
- Refund Policy for Summer Physics 2014
- Transcript Requests
- Student Responsibility
Contact Information for the Student Accounts Office
Student Accounts Office
1600 Grand Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105
Web site: http://www.macalester.edu/studentaccounts/
Summer Physics Session I May 27th – June 20th
Summer Physics Session II June 23rd – July 18th
- After May 14th You will receive a letter from Macalester’s Informatiion Technology Services (ITS) Department with network account information such as your login credentials for the student portal, 1600grand, and your Macalester email account.
Note: If you do not receive this letter, contact ITS HELP Desk . This letter will be mailed to the permanent or mailing address you provided on your registration form. If you are not living at this address, you may have to ask someone to open this letter and provide you with the enclosed information in order to be able to access your student billing information and email. If you do not receive this letter, contact ITS at 651-696-6525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 16, 2014 eBill Statement available online. Logon to the Macalester student portal using your credentials.
- May 27, 2014 Payment Agreement Form Due in Student Accounts Office.
- May 27, 2014 Payment Due Date for both Summer Sessions.
All students attending Macalester College must have a signed copy of the Payment Agreement on file in the Student Accounts Office. This document contains the explanation of terms, payment options, finance charges, and other information relating to the student’s billing account and responsibilities. A completed and signed document must be returned to the Student Accounts Office on or before May 27, 2014. Failure to provide this document will result in a transcript hold. Please print the
Payment Agreement Form and return a signed copy.
· Refund Policy for Summer Physics 2014:
221 Introductory Physics I May 27th - June 20th
100% Refund Before May 27
50% Refund May 27 – May 30
No Refund After May 30
222 Introductory Physics II June 223rd - July 18th
100% Refund Before Jun 23
50% Refund June 23 - June 27
No Refund After June 27
Note: Withdrawal form must be signed and dated by Professor Sung Kyu Kim authorizing withdrawal.
- Student Billing Account Number. Each student will have an individual student account and a student identification number (ID). The student ID number serves as the student’s account number.
- 1600grand and your Macalester Email account are the official means of communication from the Student Accounts Office. If you have questions about accessing the student portal, 1600grand, or your email account, please contact the ITS HELP desk at 651-696-6525.
- eBill Statement. Each student will receive an electronic statement, eBill, each month their account has a balance or account activity. Students may also view their billing account activity, eBill statements, and make online payments at their convenience by logging in to the student portal, 1600grand.
- Accessing Billing Information. In accordance with Federal regulations, parties other than the student will not receive billing account and statement information. However, students may share the billing account and statement information by authorizing parents and other persons to become an authorized user. An authorized user may view online billing account activity, eBill statements, and make online payments. See authorized user information below.
- Student Access to Billing Account Information: Students may access their billing account information, view eBill statements, and make online payments. Students may logon to Macalester’s student portal, 1600grand, click on Student Life, click on My Student Account, click on View/Pay My Bill, click on Mac Account Suite, click on the option you are looking for such as eBill.
- To Set Up an Authorized Users: Students may authorize parents or other persons to become an authorized user to view their billing account information. To do so, students may logon to Macalester’s student portal, 1600grand, click on Student Life, click on My Student Account, click on View/Pay My Bill, click on Mac Account Suite, click on Authorized Users tab, and enter information as prompted. The authorized user will receive an email with login information which can be used to view account information, statements, and make payments.
- Authorized User Access to Billing Account Information: Once your student has set you up as an authorized user, you will receive an email with login information. As an authorized user, you may access your student’s billing account information, view eBill statements, and make online payments. You will receive an email each month your student has a balance saying the new eBill statement is ready to view. To view your student’s eBill statement: https://secure.touchnet.com/C23333_tsa/web/login.jsp
- Summer Session I and II 2014 eBill Statements will be available online on May 16, 2014. The due date for the balance owing on this statement is May 27, 2014. Students and authorized users may view these bills by following the logon information above.
- Finance Charges will be assessed if payment is not made by the May 27, 2014 due date. A finance charge of .667% per month (Annual Percentage Rate of 8%) is applied to the past due balance.
Statement Of Account
The College generates a Statement of Account for each student prior to the start of the summer sessions and each month that the student has an account balance. This statement comes in the form of an eBill. Each eBill statement itemizes the student’s payment obligation to the College for that billing period. The statement will also itemize any credits applied to the student's account such as payments received. The student is responsible for all charges regardless of whether financial aid, employers, or other third parties pay as agreed. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all requirements of grantors, lenders, employers and other third party payers are met on a timely basis. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate billing information to all parties involved. It is the student’s responsibility to pay all finance charges assessed.
- Cash: Personally paid in the Student Accounts Office.
- Check: Made payable to Macalester College and mailed or personally delivered to the Student Accounts Office.
- Online Payment Options:
- Checking/savings account.
- Credit card. We accept online credit card payments from MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover. Credit card payments include a 2.75% fee paid by the card holder.
- Wire Transfer: To make a wire transfer payment, please contact the Student Accounts Office by either mailing or emailing your request to receive the wire transfer information. You may also stop in the Student Accounts Office to request the information in person. When making a wire transfer, please include the student’s Macalester ID number and name in the reference section.
· 221 Introductory Physics I May 28th - June 21st
100% Refund Before May 28
50% Refund May 28 – May 31
No Refund After May 31
· 222 Introductory Physics II June 24th - July 19th
100% Refund Before June 24
50% Refund June 24 - June 28
No Refund After June 28
· Note: Withdrawal form must be signed and dated by Professor Sung Kyu Kim authorizing withdrawal.
Students may request transcripts through the Registrar's Office. Requests for transcripts from students who do not have a payment agreement on file in the Student Accounts Office or have unpaid balances will be denied until both requirements have been met.
The student is responsible for reading and understanding all academic and financial policies as published in the Macalester College catalog, including the refund policies for tuition, room and board. The student is responsible for all charges regardless of whether financial aid, employers, or third parties pay as agreed. The student is responsible for communication of billing information to all parties involved. If the student believes that any information on their statement is incorrect, they must notify the Student Accounts Office in writing within 30 days of the statement date detailing the information believed to be incorrect. If the information is not disputed in writing within 30 days of the statement date, Macalester College will assume the information is correct.