Beginning in 2013, Macalester donors can see their gifts at work even more clearly by making a multi-year Annual Fund commitment that directly supports a need-based scholarship for a current Mac student.
The Tartan Scholarship program creates a new opportunity to support a current Mac student with a multi-year commitment, and it’s a new option for donors who are passionate about supporting scholarships but aren’t yet ready to pledge $100,000 for an endowment. You’ll help a bright, deserving young person access a Macalester education and everything that goes with it: classmates from all over the world, a rigorous classroom experience, the community that helps realize potential, and a toolkit to make a difference in communities local and global.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A TARTAN SCHOLARSHIP
- Support a Mac student with a four-year pledge of $5,000 each year.
- You may choose to fund multiple scholarships.
- The scholarships, which can be named, are need-based.
- Because your scholarship relieves the financial aid budget, your support does double duty by also counting as your regular Annual Fund gift.
- Gifts received between June 1 and December 31 will be awarded in the current fiscal year. Gifts received between January 1 and May 31 will be awarded in the following fiscal year (after June 1).
- You’ll learn more about the student directly benefiting from your scholarship through an annual report.