Above: Madeline Marshall '12 explains how Macalester prepared her for her PhD program at the University of Chicago.
Geology graduates find that their Macalester education has prepared them well whether they seek advanced degrees or choose to work in business.
- Jacob Moen ’13 (Inkster, N.D.) began a PhD program at the University of Minnesota, where he is studying geophysics.
- Marcy Nadel ’13 (Baltimore, Md.) is working for an environmental consulting firm in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Madeline Marshall ’12 (Hayward, Wis.) is in a PhD program at University of Chicago, where she is studying paleobiology.
- Jansen Smith ’12 (La Crosse, Wis.) is in a PhD program at Cornell University, where he is studying cannibal snails.
- Allison Jacobel ’11 (Northfield, Minn.) is in a PhD program at Columbia University, where she is studying oceanography and climate change.
- Emma Locatelli ’11 (Las Cruces, N.M.) is a PhD candidate at Yale University, where she is studying taphonomy and paleobiology.