Asian Studies Steering Committee
Professor of Anthropology; Director of Asian Studies
- Socio-cultural anthropology, ethnic identities, globalization, environmentalism, South Asia (Sri Lanka and Nepal)
Associate Professor, Religious Studies
- current focus: collective and ritual creativity associated with social protest movements in urban Cambodia and Southeast Asia.
Adjunct Professor, Philosophy
- Focuses on the philosophy of mind and language in the context of both Western and Indian philosophical traditions
- Creative writing, poetry and fiction; the Chinese-American immigrant experience; footbinding, sexuality and eroticism in Chinese culture; women in modern China; Chinese migrant workers and industrialization; environmental issues; photography.
DeWitt Wallace Professor of Asian Languages and Cultures
- Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 3-4 p.m., Wednesday 10-11 a.m.
Chair and Associate Professor
- Office Hours: Tuesday, 1:00-2:00 p.m. Wednesdays 1:30-3:30 p.m. or by appointment