Campus Center Programs & Services is here to support students as they transition to living off-campus and help to maintain a connection with the Macalester community.  Whether you are looking for support in finding a place to live, navigating transportation off-campus, or you have other questions, please review the information below. 


If you’re living off-campus, there are several ways to get to class or the Campus Center whether it’s with Metro Transit, a car, or a bike.

  • Universal Pass – Universal Passes are a new program through Metro Transit and are available only to current Macalester students. They provide unlimited rides throughout the Twin Cities on a semester-long period. For the 2021 – 2022 Academic Year, we are able to provide a Universal Pass to every Macalester student at NO COST. These can be picked up at the Information Desk. Cards need to be tapped to the one-touch readers located on the bus or at the train/bus station platforms in order to validate the ride. You will need to present your Macalester ID prior to purchase. 
  • MacBike – Mac Bike focuses on teaching riders how to repair their bikes, planning rides through the greater Twin Cities, and working to increase bike advocacy. This organization maintains the bike workshop located next to the Mac Weekly office. You can contact them at:
  • Parking – All student, faculty, and staff vehicles parked in college parking facilities must be registered with the Department of Public Safety. If you have any questions regarding parking and traffic regulations or bicycles, please visit the Parking and Bicycle page or email [email protected]

Members of the Macalester-Groveland neighborhood surrounding campus may sometimes list available housing opportunities for off-campus living. These listings and the information in them by potential landlords for rental properties, off-campus housing listings, or resource guides are NOT researched or verified by the Office of Student Affairs. View listings by housing type on the Off-Campus Living website. 

In addition to the rental listings submitted by the “pubic at large” on the Off-Campus Living website, there is an additional Off-Campus Housing Need/Interest form available for Macalester College students ONLY, where housing needs can be shared with other Mac students for networking purposes.


Off-campus students can purchase a 75 meal dining plan designed for commuters, with $75 in flex cash to be used at Scotty’s, The Grille, The Atrium Market, or Cafe Mac. More information can be viewed on the Residential Life Dining Plan page. 

Link Lockers

The library has fifty-two lockers in the Link (between the DeWitt Wallace Library and Old Main) available for off-campus students. If you would like to sign up for a locker, please email [email protected].


ITS provides on-campus printing at no charge to students. Students must set up a uniFLOW account with their MacPass to access on-campus printing. Printing stations are available in the following locations:

  • Campus Center 2nd floor
  • DRC, Library lower level
  • Humanities Lounge
  • Leonard Center Atrium
  • Library main floor has 3 MFDs
  • Olin Rice HUB

To learn more about how to set up a uniFLOW account, please visit the ITS Print Services page.