Please note that due to COVID-19, any reservable event spaces are being held for classroom spaces and are not reservable by the Macalester community. Meal and lounge spaces are being redesigned to accommodate physical distancing. Meeting and conference rooms on the second level are NOT reservable spaces during the fall semester. Instead, they will serve as branches of the atrium, creating more perch and lounge points for students. The doors to conference rooms should remain open to promote airflow, unless noted on the outside of the door.
- John B. Davis Lecture Hall: A popular event space for keynote speakers, screenings, and performances. Due to COVID-19, the lecture hall has been converted into a classroom for use after the quiet period.
- The Loch: Student lounge with expanded space including a raised stage with lighting and sound system designed for performance. Home of Nessie’s dining option during weekdays. Popular space for events such as poetry slams, trivia, theater/variety shows. Features two billiards tables and a video game lounge with materials available for check out, and a popcorn machine. Building Managers are responsible for staffing this area as lounge space and event space, doing setups, and checking out equipment.
- Document Services: Provides quality printing, duplication, finishing and scanning services to Macalester faculty, staff, students and other customers requiring copy and print services.
- Mailing Services and Student Post Office: Offers most services available at a conventional Post Office. Student PO Boxes are assigned to all students living on campus and can be requested for those not living on campus via a Google Form.
- Restrooms: (2) All-Gender Restrooms and (2) Gendered Restrooms are available on the lower level of the Campus Center. All-gender bathrooms are available in almost every building on campus. View the Macalester College Map for information specific locations.
- ValuPort: The ValuPort is a vending machine that allows you to add Mac Money using cash without a charge. You need your card with you to be able to use the machine.
- Information and Reservations Desk: Students, staff, and faculty can purchase items like subsidized Metro Transit Products, discounted movie tickets, campus-wide event tickets, and more. This is also the location of the campus-wide lost and found. Reservations staff assist with booking on-campus reservations for events, meetings, and more.
- Cafe Mac: Cafe Mac is the primary dining option on Macalester’s campus and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during weekdays, serving brunch and dinner on weekends.
- The Grille: The Grille is another dining option on campus for quick bites ranging from sandwiches, bag lunches, coffee, baked goods, and more.
- McPherson Atrium: Student lounge area with more flexible setup options. Often used for registration, tabling, fairs, and receptions for campus-wide events. Due to COVID-19, the Atrium is unavailable for reservations.
- Staff Offices: The offices of Campus Operations, Title IX, Student Leadership & Engagement, and Residential Life are located on the second level of the Campus Center.
- Restrooms: (2) Gendered Restrooms are available on the second level of the Campus Center. View the Macalester College Map for information specific locations of all-gender restrooms.
- Conference Rooms: There are seven small to large-sized conference rooms located in the Campus Center.
- Atrium Market: A popular dining option that features a “build-your-own” sub sandwich option including a beverage, cookie, and choice of chips or fruit.
- Open Pantry/Commuter Services: The Open Pantry is now located in CC 227, where the former SORC used to be. Open Pantry is available to any student experiencing food insecurity. Commuter Services is a small lounge area featuring a microwave and single-use compostable silverware available for commuter students to use free of charge.