Because of COVID-19, in an effort to reduce high-touch surfaces, some publicity forms will not be offered for the 2020 – 2021 Academic Year. Publicity forms that will be offered are Sandwich Boards, Cafe Mac & Circle Railing Banners, and Digital Signage. We highly recommend submitting your event to the College Events Calendar. We are working on providing a form of publicity that allows our students, staff, and faculty who are participating remotely to stay up-to-date with campus events.
Publicizing Your Event
There are a number of Publicity Spaces that can be reserved through Reservations. In an effort to maximize the available publicity space, the following policies apply for all reservable spaces:
- Organizations can reserve one of each type of publicity space, but never two of a given type – E.g., 1 Banner & 1 Sandwich Board.
- Each type of Publicity item has specific time restrictions regarding the length of its reservation. Groups cannot reserve publicity space for consecutive weeks.
- All publicity must be appropriate and suitable for an all-ages audience. Publicity may be removed by staff due to offensive or inappropriate content.
- After 48 hours of not using your reserved publicity space, we will release your reservation for another group to utilize it.
- For some publicity reservations it is helpful to have your PDF confirmation when turning in the publicity item.
Publicity Spaces & Policies offered during 2020-2021 Academic Year
Sandwich boards are a great way to publicize an event as they are placed outside the Campus Center on Bateman Plaza. This ensures a large portion of the Mac community will see your poster. A sandwich board requires a reservation to be made at least 2 days in advance.
Sandwich Board Guidelines:
- Size: Up to 22” x 28”
- # of Slots Available: (4) Boards available. Therefore only (1) board will be reserved per event.
- Quantity: Depends on Size. We recommend that the Publicity be laminated.
- Duration: Sandwich Boards can be reserved for a maximum of (3) consecutive days (including weekends) per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ Weekly Gathering) through Reservations.
- Due: If not already set up outside, the Information Desk can contact the Building Manager to set out the board on the first day of your reservation. You will place your Publicity into the board.
- Put Out: If the Sandwich Board is reserved for consecutive dates, it will be put out every morning and brought in before closing by Campus Center Staff. Please be aware that at the end of the reservation, your flyer/poster will be recycled. If you want to retain the flyer/poster, retrieve them on the last day of the reservation.
Digital Signage is for the television hanging near the Information and Reservation Desk.
Digital Signage Guidelines:
- Size: 1920 pixels width x 1080 pixels height
- Qty Accepted: (1) .JPEG Image
- # of Spots Available: Unlimited
- Duration: The Campus Center Digital Signage spot can be reserved for promo up to (7) consecutive days per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ weekly Gathering).
- Due: Please email your image to email@example.com (14) calendar days before your event.
- Note: Before you send us your promo: Your event must be publicized on the College Events Calendar and all Setup/Catering/AV details need to be confirmed/finalized by the Reservations Staff
Campus Center display cases are located on the walls of the lower level.
Display Case Guidelines:
- Size: Up to 22” x 28”
- Qty Accepted: Depends on the Size
- # of Slots Available: (4) Display Cases
- Duration: Display Cases can be reserved for up to (7) days per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ Weekly Gathering) through Reservations
- Due: Please bring your promo materials to the Campus Center Information Desk on the first day of your reservation and pick up the key for the designated Display Case.
- Note: You are responsible for putting up and cleaning out your promotional items.
Publicity Spaces & Policies (NOT Currently Offered)
Update: Poster Run will not be happening in ’20-’21 school year. Please consider publicizing your events in the other available methods, listed above.
There are different spaces around campus, including the Campus Center, academic, and administrative buildings, where student organizations and departments can hang their posters. Posters for the poster run do not require a reservation.
Poster Run Guidelines:
- Size: 8.5” x 11”
- # of Slots Available: Unlimited
- Quantity: (16) per week per event
- Duration: Posters typically stay up until the day of your event.
- Due: Tuesday at 4:30 pm at the Information Desk for same-week posting
- Hung: Every Wednesday by Noon
- Please note, placement of posters on other areas not designated on the Public Posting Locations document are subject to being taken down. If you have specific questions about the placement of a poster contact the Reservations & Information Desk Manager.
Update: Table Tents will not be happening in ’20-’21 school year. Please consider publicizing your events in the other available methods, listed above.
Table tents are small plastic holders for posters located on all Cafe Mac tables.
Table Tent Guidelines:
- Size: 4” x 6”
- # of Slots Available: (16)
- Qty Accepted: (30)/slot/event
- Duration: Table Tents slots are reserved for (7) consecutive days, Sunday to Saturday, per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ Weekly Gathering) through Reservations.
- Due: Friday by 4:30 pm at the Information Desk for reservations starting that upcoming Sunday
- Put Up: Every Sunday