Publicizing Your Event
There are a number of Publicity Spaces that can be reserved through the Reservations Desk. In an effort to maximize the available publicity space, the following policies apply for all reservable Publicity Spaces:
- Organizations can reserve one of each type of publicity space, but never two of a given type – E.g., 1 Banner & 1 Table Tent but not 2 Banners.
- Publicity space can be reserved up to a week at a time. Groups cannot reserve publicity space for consecutive weeks
- All publicity must be appropriate and suitable for an all-ages audience. Publicity may be removed by Campus Center Staff because of offensive or inappropriate content.
- Reserved publicity space is use it or lose it. After 48 hours of not using your reserved publicity space, we will release your reservation for another group to utilize publicity space.
Specific Publicity Space Policies
- Public Posting Locations on Campus
- Size: 8.5” x 11”
- # of Slots Available: Unlimited
- Quantity: (16) per week per event
- Duration: Posters typically stay up until the day of your event.
- Due: Tuesday at 4:30 pm at the Info Desk for same-week posting
- Hung: Every Wednesday by Noon
- Please note, placement of posters on other areas not designated on the Public Posting Locations document are subject to being taken down. If you have specific questions about the placement of a poster contact the Reservations & Information Desk Manager.
- Size: Up to 22” x 28”
- # of Sandwich Boards Available: (4) Boards available. Therefore only (1) board will be reserved per event.
- Quantity: Depends on Size. We recommend that the Publicity be laminated.
- Duration: Sandwich Boards can be reserved for a maximum of (3) consecutive days (including weekends) per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ Weekly Gathering) through Reservations.
- Due: If not already set up outside, the Information Desk can contact the Building Manager to set out the board on the first day of your reservation. You will place your Publicity into the board. Thereafter, if the Sandwich Board is reserved for consecutive dates it will be put out every morning by 8am and brought in before closing by Campus Center Staff.
- Put Out: Every morning by 8 am Sandwich Boards will be brought in before close.
- Size: 4” x 6”
- # of Slots Available: (16)
- Qty Accepted: (30)/slot/event
- Duration: Table Tents slots are reserved for (7) consecutive days, Sunday to Saturday, per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ Weekly Gathering) through Reservations. Table tent reservations are displayed Sunday through Saturday.
- Due: Every Friday at 4:30 pm (Info Desk) for Table Tents reservations starting that upcoming Sunday
- Put Up: Every Sunday
- Size: 1920×1080 pixels
- Qty Accepted: (1) .JPEG Image
- # of Spots Available: Unlimited
- Duration: The Campus Center Digital Signage spot can be reserved for promo up to (7) consecutive days per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ weekly Gathering).
- Due: Please email your 1920pixelS x 1080 pixels .JPG image to firstname.lastname@example.org, 14 calendar days before your event. [Before you send us your promo: Your event must be publicized on the College Events Calendar and all Setup/Catering/AV details need to be confirmed/finalized by the Reservations Staff]
- Size: Up to 22” x 28”
- Qty Accepted: Depends on the Size
- # of Display Cases Available: (4)
- Duration: Display Cases can be reserved for up to (7) days per event or series of events (e.g., ABC Week, LMN Month, XYZ Weekly Gathering) through Reservations
- Due: Please bring your promo materials to the Campus Center Info Desk on the first day of your reservation and pick up the key for the designated Display Case. You must put your promo materials in the Display Case. Please pick up the promo materials on the last day of your reservation.
College Events Calendar(Online)
- To submit an event, events.macalester.edu/submit/
- Your event will automatically also show up in the Daily Piper via the College Events Calendar link.
- Your event will automatically show up on the Campus Center Digital Signage
The Mac Weekly