In order to provide first class service to all on campus groups, we ask that you please review the following policies and procedures for on-campus event planning.
Reservations for on-campus space for meetings and events can be made by Macalester College academic and administrative departments and chartered student organizations with no reservation facility fee. Reservations should be made for college-sanctioned activities and must have an on-campus contact who serves as the main point of contact for the event and be present at the event. Outside groups should contact Conferences and Facility Rentals to inquire about space availability and pricing.
Reserving space on campus for events is a privilege that can be revoked if abused. The following instances could cause groups to lose their reservations privileges:
- Failure to provide adequate information for events planned in college facilities.
- Failure to cancel reservations in a timely manner; no-show for planned events.
- Misuse or damage of college facilities and equipment.
- Abuse of college facility use and catering policies.
Reservations for academic and administrative department events can be made 12 months in advance. Reservations for chartered student organization events can be made 9 months in advance. Exceptions may be made by the Reservations Manager for large scale events and conferences.
For optimal service, please allow at least 48 business hours for reservation request processing. All special event requests (set-up, A/V, catering, security, etc.) must be made a minimum of 14 calendar days prior to event date. Requests within 14 days cannot be guaranteed to be accommodated. Final event numbers should be confirmed 48 hours prior to event. Failure to provide requested information for events planned for Macalester College facilities may result in cancellation of space reservation.
Student organizations will not be able to reserve space between the last day of classes and the last day of final exams each semester. Reservations during break periods are permitted after all final exams are completed.
While on-campus groups can reserve space on campus for events with no facility rental fee, other charges may be incurred for various logistical requests. All additional charges are the responsibility of the group planning the event.
Possible charges may be incurred for the following services:
- Overtime custodial charges for large event set-up, evening or weekend event set-up, excessive event clean-up, or replacement of damaged equipment.
- Security charges for dances, concerts, events with alcohol or when deemed appropriate by the Director of Security and the Reservations Manager.
- Catering charges for catering services provided by Bon Appetit or outside caterer.
- Charges for audio/visual support when requested through Media Services.
- Any rental equipment that cannot be provided by the college for event set-up.