Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 Celebration
- The graduation celebration will take place at 10am outside in the Macalester Stadium (or inside the Leonard Center Fieldhouse in case of inclement weather).
- As graduates of the Class of 2020 and 2021, you are encouraged to attend and will be seated together with your class.
- Family, friends and the greater Macalester Community are invited to attend as well. While we will promote the event to faculty and staff, please feel free to reach out to faculty and staff and personally invite those you hope will join you for the event.
- During the event, participating graduates’ names will be read as you cross the stage and receive a diploma case. A professional photo will be taken of each graduate as you cross the stage.
- Regalia is encouraged, but not mandatory. Graduates can order cap and gown via the Herff Jones order form that will be shared in the registration email. Rented robes must be returned to the designated return space (Leonard Center Portico) immediately following after the ceremony. Graduates are encouraged to bring and wear their stoles and cords previously shipped to them.
- The graduation celebration will be live streamed for classmates, friends, family and members of the Mac community unable to attend in person.
- Immediately following the celebration, we will hold time and nearby space for casual gatherings of each class and community members.
Macalester’s Alumni Engagement team invites the classes of 2020 and 2021 to a happy hour gathering on Saturday, May 14 at Dual Citizen Brewing Company in Saint Paul.
- The class of 2020 is invited to join us between 4 and 6 pm CST
- The class of 2021 is invited to join us between 5 and 7 pm CST
Celebrate with friends and toast your class with a round on us! RSVP by May 1.
We are unable to provide financial support for travel to and from the Twin Cities for this event. However, we are holding courtesy blocks of rooms with discounted rates at several local hotels for the weekend of May 15, 2022.
Public Health Guidance
By registering to attend the in-person portion of the graduation celebration, you agree to adhere to local and campus public health guidelines at the time of the event.
- We encourage you to reach out to faculty and staff with whom you connected during your time at Mac, and let them know if you will be attending the celebration.