The Student Employment Advisory Committee acts as a liaison to the Office of Student Employment and works to foster a program that effectively serves student employees, supervisors, and the College. SEAC addresses the concerns of faculty, staff and students with regard to student employment and of those who supervise student employees. The committee also serves the Student Employment Office in an advisory capacity in determining the current and future direction of student employment at Macalester College.
SEAC meets monthly and is comprised of campus-wide representatives. Members agree to serve a consecutive three-year term. It is each representative’s responsibility to maintain contact with the sector he/she represents. Any issues or concerns should be brought to the committee’s attention through the sector representative.
2017-2018 SEAC Representatives
- Adam Johnson, Institutional Research, Chair (2nd yr) – small
- Amanda-Rae Barboza Barela, (1st yr) – large
- Jacki Betsworth, Library (2nd yr) – large
- Aaron Colhapp, International Student Programs (2nd yr) – medium
- Jacob Dorer, Information Technology Services (1st yr) – large
- Amelia Nielsen, Annual Fund (3rd yr) – medium
- Lisa Ray, Career Development Center (1st yr) – medium
- Amanda Walwood, Donor Relations (3rd yr) – small
- Farhan Sadiq, Student Representative
- Nachelle Kaughman, Employment Sevices, ex-officio
- Bob Graf, Employment Services, Advisory Member
- Jenae Schmidt, Financial Aid, Advisory Member