ContactInfectious Disease Task Force
Mac Stays Safer 3.0
Our Shared Community Commitment
Our individual and community health depends on our choices and actions. Our ability to stay safer is only as strong as our shared commitment to each other. We ask each member of our community—students, staff, and faculty—to be flexible and continue behaviors that support each other’s health and well-being. The elements of our community commitment reflect good public health practices. We each have a role to play in our culture of mutual care, accountability, and safety. Macalester College reaffirms its commitment to creating a community free of any form of bias, harassment, or discrimination.
As part of this community’s culture of mutual care and accountability, we all will:
- Follow the college’s vaccination requirements: student vaccination policy, employee vaccination policy
- Follow the college’s current recommendations in the Well-Fitted Mask Policy, which may change and adapt, depending on the current context. No matter current policy expectations, Macalester will continue to be a mask-friendly campus.
- Stay home if ill or experiencing symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19; and supervisors, professors, coaches, and peers will respect such decisions.
- Wash hands regularly throughout the day or use hand sanitizer when soap and water aren’t readily available
- Cover coughs and sneezes with sleeve or elbow
- Seek testing when experiencing COVID symptoms and after a known COVID-19 exposure
- Follow Macalester’s guidelines to isolate after receiving a positive COVID-19 test result. For more details, refer to the COVID-19 FAQ.
- Notify close contacts, including anyone you may have been in close contact with from the time you became symptomatic and/or tested positive. Recognize you may have been infectious a few days before and consider notifying those close contacts as well. Awareness of an exposure empowers people to make informed decisions regarding masking, testing, and limiting exposure to others.
This is a living document. As additional information or public health guidance emerges, we will update this document and share the changes broadly. We all are expected to adopt any new practices.
If you have questions about this document, email [email protected].