Well-Fitted Mask Policy
ContactInfectious Disease Task Force
Effective September 15, 2022
Masks are no longer expected to be worn indoors for community members or guests, effective September 15, with the following exceptions:
- Masking indoors will still be expected for those with a known exposure, and those in isolation when around other people, and those who have symptoms or continue to test positive.
- Masks will be required in clinical spaces such as the Hamre Center and the athletic training room.
- Departments or event organizers may continue to have more specific, discipline-related expectations for competitions, rehearsals, and performances – including for audience members.
- Individuals may set masking expectations for particular spaces as follows:
- Faculty or staff may require masks in classrooms, in their own office space, or in other instructional spaces.
- Students may require guests to wear masks in their residence hall rooms.
- Students may work with Disability Services if they need an accommodation for a masked classroom environment.
- The policy is subject to change depending on current campus case levels, conditions in Minnesota/Ramsey County, the emergence of a new variant of concern, etc.