Effective April 4, 2022
- Masks are optional on campus in both outdoor and indoor settings, except as noted below. Please continue to carry a mask with you.
- High quality masks (i.e. N95, KN95, KF94) are expected in these settings:
- In classrooms, labs, and studios. (NOTE: An instructor, presenter, or speaker that can maintain 6-feet distance from others may remove their mask to be more clearly heard.)
- All visitors and guests on our campus when in indoor settings.
- In the Hamre Center and in Athletics training rooms.
- For 10-days following a close contact of someone who received a positive COVID-19 test (you should also be tested on day 5 after exposure).
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (you should also not report to work or attend classes and get tested as soon as possible).
- If you are in days 8-10 of isolation due to COVID, after having received a negative antigen test on day 7.
- On vans and buses used for Macalester-sponsored activities (e.g. field trips, travel to games, course activities in the Twin Cities, etc.).
- Everyone is welcome to wear a mask in any setting; please support those who choose to wear a mask.
Adherence to the policy cited above is the responsibility of all faculty, staff, and students. Vendors and visitors must also comply with this policy while on Macalester College campus property.