Macalester students approved for the accommodation of alternative texts should complete these steps:
- Check to see if the requested book is available in an appropriate alternative format through the Mac Bookstore or other accessible text resources a student may be registered (e.g. Learning Ally, Bookshare).
- If no alternative option is available, purchase the text in the print-copy form. A student must provide proof of purchase by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request alternative text preferences through the request form: Alternative Text Form
- Please submit requests as early as possible in order to allow time to process and prepare materials. Preparing alternative texts may take up to several weeks.
- Sometimes textbook files are not available. In these cases, students may need to have a book modified (for scanning In this case, the book may not be resellable. Scanning a book may take several days.
- Students may not revise, convert, modify, sell, rent, or otherwise share the electronic texts or equipment to any other person as per our agreement with publishers. Disability Services is responsible for verifying the purchase of books prior to conversion.
Students may also convert their own documents by using the document converter: Document Accessibility Converter