Macalester College requires proof that you have had the following immunizations. You may not attend classes until the Health and Wellness Center has proof that you are in compliance with these requirements. Dates must include month, day, and year. All information must be in English.
- Completion of primary Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis series, and Tdap Booster within the last 10 years.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella). Dose 1 given at 12 months of age or later and dose 2 given 28 days after the first dose.
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (Menactra or other brand)
- Following immunizations are recommended, but not required: Varicella, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, HPV vaccine, Meningitis B, influenza, polio.
- TB screening questionnaire to be completed by student. For all students, TB screening questionnaire will determine whether further testing is required.
Macalester College requires that all students carry adequate health insurance. To this end, the college automatically includes health insurance policy premium on the first tuition bill for all students. Students can waive out of this insurance if they can demonstrate proof of comprehensive medical/hospitalization insurance and do so by going to the web site provided by the college each year. More information is available from the staff at Macalester Health & Wellness Center or on the Health & Wellness Center web page.
Macalester reserves the right to approve or disapprove qualifying health insurance policies, with the goal of assuring that students have complete coverage.
The deadline to opt in or waive out of the insurance policy is August 24, 2018. If the student does not waive out by August 24, 2018, the student will be automatically enrolled and the charge for insurance stands. Students may ADD the policy at any point in time in the year if their personal insurance situation changes, subject to approval by Gallagher Koster/United Healthcare.